Congratulations on your community college journey! We have collected the following resources as you prepare to transfer to a four year university.
If you would like to receive support for the application process, please reach out to your KTC Advisor.
Student Education Plan
Meet your academic goals by backwards planning each term to meet all necessary transfer requirements.
Work with your KTC Advisor to create a Student Education Plan (SEP) to plan your success at community college. Make a copy of this SEP worksheet.
Watch this video from De Anza Community College on transfer tips!
- Save your community college’s IGETC or CSU GE worksheet
- “Golden Four” – Oral Communication, Written Communication, Critical Thinking, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
- Connect with your KTC Advisor to draft out an SEP
- Set up an appointment with a campus advisor, get priority registration
- Visit your community college’s Transfer Center for partnerships and resources
- Pro tip – take some pre-written questions!
Each institution has its own requirements for transfer students.
- Transfer Admission Guarantee(TAG) – there are 6 UC campuses that offer TAG. Learn more about the program, if you are interested, submit your application by September 30th!
- Transfer Admission Planner(TAP) – input your coursework information!
- Personal Insight Questionsand suggestions
- Purdue Writing Resource
If you are interested in transferring to a private school, Google the school name & “course articulations.” This will redirect you to a page where you can see what courses you will have to take at community college to transfer to that specific school.
Since all private schools have different requirements, it is suggested that students reach out to the Office of Admissions of the campus they are interested in to have more clarity surrounding the application process.